Effective: September 9, 2015
What Personal Information We May Collect
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address, or if you provide any payment on the Site, your payment information (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
• Register to use the Site;
• Use the Site to make a payment;
• Contact us through e-mail, telephone, mail; or other correspondence;
• Complete a page or pop-up where you enter information;
• Contact us using telephone, mail or other communication with the Site;
• Complete a survey; or
• Otherwise provide us with Personal Information.
The Personal Information we may collect may include:
• Your full name;
• Your country and date of birth;
• Contact information, such as your address, telephone number, and/or e-mail address;
• If you choose to make a payment, your payment information; and
• Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
Cookies and How Aviron Collects Information Through Technological Means
When you visit our Site, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other general information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request). We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Site, to monitor the usage and performance of our Site, and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns, and to improve our Site to better meet your needs. We use this information in the aggregate, and do not link it to your Personal Information. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, and to communicate with you after you have sent us emails. If you send us emails, from time to time we may use information about your preferences and interests to send updates to you about Aviron, its services, programs, or information that may be of interest to you. Some advertisers may occasionally serve you cookies as well. We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers. The amount of information that is sent by your web browser depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this.
We may use a feature on your Internet browser called a “cookie” and/or other similar devices. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your computer’s hard drive. They are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, and for load balancing. Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (iii) the pages of the Site a user visits. Most browsers give you the option to reject cookies.
How Aviron Uses and Discloses Personal Information
• Respond to your questions or inquiries;
• To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and program offerings in which you are most interested;
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature;
• Supply you with requested information regarding programs and services available on the Site;
• To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive. Visitors who register or participate in other Site features such as marketing programs will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt-out using the unsubscribe feature in any of our commercial emails;
• To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
• To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
If you have provided us with your Personal Information, but later decide you no longer want us to send you any commercial information, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe message in our commercial electronic communications.
Aviron reserves the right to transfer all its information in connection with the sale of all or part of its business, capital stock or assets. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; or (iii) to protect our rights, safety or property. We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you Consent, or for any purpose which is permitted or required by applicable law.
We may also use your Personal Information to investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
Personal Information collected online may also be combined with information you have provided to Aviron through other sources such as over the telephone.
How we Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information) and designed to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to meet any legal requirements.
Although we have taken reasonable and prudent measures to protect our Site, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. All third parties that obtain Personal Information from us (e.g. service providers that perform functions on our behalf) are required to protect your confidentiality and Personal Information in a manner consistent with this policy, and/or as required by law.
Access and Rectification
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to Aviron and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
Children and Parents
Aviron does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
Third Party Websites
How to Contact Us
• access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted;
• request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
please advise us by contacting us in writing at 5460 Royalmount, Town of Mount-Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1H7.